Best Occupational Safety Software will be described in this article. Nearly 5,000 Americans lost their lives 2020, with half of those fatalities occurring in the transportation and material movement, construction, and extraction industries.
Workplace safety is a major issue for every organization, but it is not always simple to manage or ensure. Fortunately, the best occupational safety software can transform your organization.
Top 6 Best Occupational Safety Software For 2024
In this article, you can know about Best Occupational Safety Software here are the details below;
These systems, often known as occupational health and safety (OHS) software, assist in the management and organization of data, the implementation of regular safety inspections, the completion of incident reporting, and even the training of the staff health and safety regulations.
A strong safety management system may also help you minimize accidents, reduce absenteeism from injuries, identify trends before they become problems, and much more.
What is Occupational Health and Safety Software?
The best occupational health and safety software, or occupational health and safety software, is a digital solution designed to assist safety professionals in minimizing incidents and injuries on the job site.
With the assistance of comprehensive incident management capabilities, 360-degree visibility into your safety program, and extensive metrics of your organization’s safety performance, you can proactively address potential hazards and risks.
In addition to that, this category of software can assist a business in maintaining industry compliance and provide all staff with comprehensive training functions to ensure they perform their duties safely.
What are the Benefits of the Using Occupational Health Safety Software?
The organizational benefits of the best occupational safety software are numerous. Simplifying safety is accomplished with the following five advantages of occupational health and safety management software:
1. Streamline Manual Processes
Since modern-day OHS apps completely eliminate the need for Excel or paper-based safety systems, the said occupational safety software can assist in the overall reduction of administrative burdens. Time-consuming and laborious, logging information and data onto paper or in spreadsheets can be a nuisance.
Rather than spending countless hours glued to a desk, a cloud-based solution may simplify this process with its dynamic features, allowing you to extend the time you spend on the field.
To notify employees of new information, specific corrective actions, or training expiration dates in advance, a digital solution can also enable the configuration of automated alerts and notifications.
2. Gain Deeper Insights via Reporting and Metrics
You gain a deeper understanding of your safety performance when you leverage robust reporting and analytics. Tracking trends with pen and paper can be an exceedingly challenging task due to the susceptibility of this method to human error.
Using dashboards that are specific to the safety objectives of your organization, you can monitor leading and lagging indicators, critical metrics, and more.
Recognize concealed assets and weaknesses in your safety program in order to increase safety performance through data-driven decision-making.
3. Streamline Communication Across Multiple Sites
Implement a digital solution to leverage employee and critical stakeholder communication across multiple sites. With a few simple keystrokes, you can distribute more than just updated safety policies and procedures, hazard assessments, and safety data sheets.
Additional functionalities of OHS software include the ability to conveniently allocate corrective actions to individual employees and monitor their progress directly from a mobile device.
Instruct key stakeholders on how to expeditiously mitigate risks and establish a safer work environment through the configuration of alerts or automated notifications.
4. Enhanced Employee Engagement
Workplace employee engagement can be enhanced with the help of the best occupational safety software. By utilizing a mobile application, one can conveniently access safety information at their fingertips.
Without interrupting their day or deviating from the field, this feature enables staff to conveniently engage in safety-related tasks and record data using their mobile devices. As more employees realize their mutual responsibility for one another’s safety, this can gradually contribute to the enhancement of your organization’s safety culture.
Executives in the boardroom and front-line employees alike share the responsibility for ensuring workplace safety.
5. Easily Manage Documentation and Forms
Paper documentation management can become considerably arduous, contingent upon the scale of an organization’s safety program and the accumulation of information over time. In order to organize everything, some organizations utilize filing cabinets, crates, and even storage chambers.
This practice is unsustainable and may result in document loss. Numerous OHS professionals spend countless hours in an attempt to locate the desired information.
The best occupational safety software simplifies document management by centralizing and digitizing all documents on a single, user-friendly platform. Obtain the desired information in a matter of seconds, as opposed to spending the entire day sifting through crates.
Important Features of the Occupational Health Safety Software
When searching for the appropriate OHS software for your organization, it is critical to consider a number of features.
The following are several critical attributes of occupational health management software that are indispensable for establishing a more secure work environment:
1. Document Management
Any OHS software that you select must have document management capabilities. By doing so, it becomes possible to centralize and digitize all forms and documents on a single platform, making them instantly accessible to all relevant stakeholders.
Moreover, since everything is contained within a single solution, this facilitates 360-degree visibility into your safety program.
2. Reporting and Analytics
Utilize a robust reporting engine integrated into the software of your choice to monitor critical safety metrics, distinguish between leading and lagging indicators, and identify trends.
Collect the necessary data to evaluate safety performance and formulate decisions based on empirical evidence by analyzing data extracted from dynamic dashboards and customizing reports.
3. Mobile Application
Use a mobile application to put safety in the palms of your employees’ hands. This feature enables personnel to maintain their work activities irrespective of their physical location.
All information is readily accessible via a mobile application, which can assist in empowering your team and increasing participation in safety activities.
4. Incident Management
Mitigating on-site incidents constitutes an essential component of any digital safety solution.
This is achieved by utilizing incident management functionalities, such as the capacity to promptly and digitally report incidents, injuries, and near-misses, thereby notifying critical stakeholders to implement the required remedial measures.
5. Hazard Identification
Identify potential dangers digitally, irrespective of your location of employment. Simply upload photographs of the hazard or risk to the best occupational safety software so that others may be informed of their existence.
This facilitates efficient communication and protects others from potential damage as soon as possible.
8 Best Occupational Health and Safety Software in 2024
Let’s have a detailed look at some of the best occupational health and safety software to help you streamline your processes.
1. Xenia – Overall No. 1 Online Occupational Health and Safety App For Businesses
Xenia is a do-everything OHS compliance solutions platform with robust health and safety capabilities.
The program includes elements such as incident reporting as well as more sophisticated functions such as instructional customization.
Having said that,Xenia enables you to run regular safetyinspections, document SOPs, take corrective action, and track audits every day with the help of a dedicated mobile-first inspection solution.
On top of that, using built-in chats, every member of the team can immediately report any incidents or dangers. photos, videos, audio notes, and files can be attached to communications that you and your employees exchange in both one-on-one and group settings.
- Conduct Smart Safety Inspetions: Create safety inspection work orders for any on-site procedure to avoid near misses, logging everything alongside each step of the process.
- Customizable Templates & Safety Checklists: Create and customize safety inspection templates to your safety processes.
- Scheduling: The software helps you to organize and schedule frequent safety compliance checks, ensuring that your company’s safety procedures are proactive and up to date.
- 24/7 Mobile Accessibility: This allows you the flexibility and ability to handle your on-site audits from wherever you are, ensuring that you are always informed and in charge.
- Real Time Communication: Use one-on-one communications, group conversations, and public announcements to communicate with workers at all levels of your organization in real time.
- Starter Plan: Starting at $99/month for the first 15 users, includes a work calendar view, work reports,
- template reports, sub-assets, and sub-locations.
- Premium Plan: Starting at $199/month for the first 15 users, includes reporting dashboards, time and cost tracking, template branding, public form submissions, automated templates, and more.
- Custom Plan: You get unlimited users, a dedicated account manager, onboarding and implementation, and integrations. Also check Zelle Payment app not working
Formerly referred to as ProcessMAP, Ideagen EHS is an all-encompassing environmental, health, and safety solution that offers quick access to risk and safety indicators for all of your staff.
Streamline inspections, audits, and activities, enhance your safety culture, and simplify OSHA and RIDDOR reporting—everything in one system.
An adaptable software solution for occupational health and safety management (OHS) that empowers employers to remotely report incidents, promptly identify potential hazards, and automate safety procedures throughout the entire organization.
- Incident Management: Use powerful analytics to help minimize claims by obtaining a holistic picture of cost drivers and indicators of success and failure.
- Audit & Inspections: Simplify the task of managing inspections and company-wide audit programs. Increase the efficiency of data mining, benchmarking, and trend analysis.
- Activity & Task Management: Keep track of tasks and action items that are prompted by regulatory, corporate, and management needs.
- EHS Mobile: Use Ideagen EHS mobile applications with or without active Wi-Fi or cellular data access, with synchronization occurring automatically when an active connection is available.
- EHS Reporting & Analytics: Evaluate the success of the EHS program, reduce incidents and accidents, and continuously monitor compliance problems in real-time.
- Contact Vendor
SALUS is a high-performing G2 application that is fast becoming a favorite in the construction safety and compliance management software market.
Salus enables real-time sharing and collaboration on digital forms. To make it easier for users to request audits or other services, you can use automated filtering and search options.
You can see who is compliant and who needs to be followed up with at a glance.
Check in on your daily activities in real-time to make sure you’re on track. If workers are late on paperwork, you’ll be able to see who to deal with. Salus keeps you informed about key inspections via alerts, asset logbooks, and preventive maintenance reminders.
- Digital Forms: Forms save automatically, so you never have to re-enter information or worry about losing work.
- Asset Management: Keep sites safe and reduce worker injuries by tagging specific crew members to take care of asset issues straight away.
- Corrective Actions: Flag incidents to other workers in real-time so you can get the job done as quickly and safely as possible.
- Compliance Management: Create a single point of truth for all allocated disciplinary actions and conveniently monitor follow-ups
- Incidents Management: In minutes, create incident cases by integrating forms, workers, and subcontractor profiles.
- Salus offers ustomized pricing plans. Feel free to contact their team for more details
4. EHS Insight
This EHS platform is well regarded not just for its extensive feature set, but also for its totally customizable solutions.
Apart from assisting businesses in determining what they need during the trial time so that the system can be implemented smoothly, they are also accessible for assistance throughout the project.
- Incident Management: Enhance your incident management procedure and get valuable knowledge on the causes of occurrences and how to prevent them from occurring again.
- Audits for Compliance: You don’t have to manage paper, spreadsheets, and email to stay on top of your compliance needs. With EHS Insight, you can track and manage everything, from audits to inspections to evaluations.
- Interactive Training: This comprehensive learning management system (LMS) will assist you in streamlining and enhancing the whole training procedure for all parties.
- Free version: None
- Pricing: $3,600 per year
Donesafe is the best all-in-one HSEQ platform that links your field employees to the executive team in the boardroom.
With Donesafe, accessing, entering, and reporting HSEQ data in real time is quick and simple.
Donesafe is an innovative, cutting-edge platform with end-to-end capabilities. Any device may use it online, and native iOS and Android applications can be used offline as well. Utilize our pre-made templates or modify them to meet your unique needs.
- Observations/BBS: Enhance your incident management procedure and get valuable knowledge on the causes of occurrences and how to prevent them from occurring again.
- Safety Meetings: Schedule, manage, and track safety meeting follow-ups and link to other Donesafe modules.
- Emergency Management: Complete emergency management, including planning, physical activity, and inductions.
- Free version: None
- Ask the vendor for a quote
Up next on our best occupational safety software list, we’ve got SimplePractice.
Although this is primarily an EHR (Electronic Health Records) solution, SimplePractice integrated several applications that enable business owners healthcare system related industries to efficiently manage their day-to-day tasks, allowing healthcare providers to provide the care their patients deserve.
SimplePractice is more than just EHR software. It’s your all-in-one solution for easier documentation, scheduling, client sessions, and more—virtual, in-office, or both.
- Scheduling: Send free reminders and schedule appointments on your time on your terms.
- Telehealth: Provide HIPAA-compliant video appointments with screen-sharing.
- Documentation: Using a single EHR system, can streamline all of your intake and documentation requirements.
- Free version: None
- Ask the vendor for a quote
Wrapping All Up
While it is tempting to choose your occupational health and safety management software based on the first Google Search result that appears, knows this that every program doesn’t fulfill a business’s requirements.
Keeping that in mind, we recommend signing up for a free account that helps you to evaluate the software that you’re considering using, and matching it against whatever your business requirements are.
If you’re still in doubt about making an informed decision, feel free to the reach out to our experts for further assistance.