How To Fix Outlook Send And Receive Error 0x80040610 will be described in this article. The most frequent and well-known error among Outlook users is the sends and receives error. Are you aware that there is an easy cure for the Outlook error number 0x80040610, which prevents emails from being sent and received? Yes, you can simply cure Outlook send receive issue by using the six easy ways listed in this post.
How To Fix Outlook Send And Receive Error 0x80040610
In this article, you can know about How To Fix Outlook Send And Receive Error 0x80040610 here are the details below;
How to fix outlook send receive error?
There are several possible causes of the Outlook sends receives error. These are the six most dependable and secure ways to easily resolve an issue with sending and receiving emails in Outlook. Be sure you have confirmed the availability of your internet connection before attempting to use any of these options. As this Send/Receive issue frequently appears on your screen in the event that you are not connected to the internet.
Method 1: Disable the windows firewall and antivirus program
Outlook email transmit and receive can be impacted by Windows Firewall and any other third-party antivirus software. An Outlook send or receive error may arise from this. Therefore, you may choose to disable your firewall and antivirus software in order to resolve issue 0x80040610.
- Click on network connections after opening the Control Panel.
- Right-click on the network connection to which you are currently connected, then select Properties.
- Switch off the firewall by going to the Security tab.
Turn on the Windows Firewall when the issue has been resolved and the inbox has been updated.
Method 2: Check for Suspicious Emails
One other possible cause of the Outlook send receive issue is if you receive any questionable emails in your mailbox. You can therefore resolve the Outlook send receive error that prevents you from transmitting or receiving emails by deleting those dubious spam emails.
Try the next solution if this doesn’t fix the send receive problem 0x80040610 that Outlook is displaying.
Method 3: Correct the outlook Email Settings
If none of the aforementioned fixes resolved the Outlook send receive error, check your Outlook email settings. This error code 0x80040610 may be caused by incorrectly setup Outlook email settings.
- Launch Outlook, then select File.
- Select Account Settings by clicking on it.
- Click Change in the Account Settings window.
- Then, click More Settings and choose Outgoing Server.
- Select the option “My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication” by checking the box.
- Additionally, before sending any mail, tick the box next to Log on to incoming server.methods to resolve the send to receive error in Outlook.
Try restarting Outlook and check if email can be sent. Proceed to the next method if the Outlook error persists after sending it to be received.
Method 4: Clear outbox and change server Time-out
Outlook’s default server timeout length is one minute. Consequently, the default server timeout will be insufficient when you attempt to send emails with large attachments, leaving your emails stranded in the outbox. Consequently, fixing the Outlook send receive problem may involve cleaning the outbox and lengthening the server timeout period. Also check How To Fix Instagram Not Working Issue
To modify the Outlook server timeout, use the following steps:
- Open Outlook and select File.
- Observe the route: File > Account Preferences > Account Preferences -> Modify -> Additional Preferences -> Advanced
- Now, You can extend the Server timeout under Advanced.
This will enable email sending and receiving in Outlook. Try tossing Outlook in safe method if you are still experiencing the send to receive issue. Learn how to fix the “cannot start Microsoft Outlook” error if you’re having problems opening Microsoft Outlook.
Method 5: Run Outlook in safe mode
Thus, the next step to resolve Outlook issue 0x80040610 is to launch Outlook in safe mode.
- Okay, In the search box, type Outlook.exe /safe & press Enter to open Outlook in secure mode.
- Once Outlook has been launched in safe mode, try sending emails. If this resolves the Outlook send receive issue, the error may be coming from a corrupted or damaged PST file.
Bonus Tip: Go here to learn about the most typical Outlook issues and their readily fixable DIY solutions.
Method 6: Repair PST file to fix outlook send receive error
After attempting each of the previously listed solutions to resolve the Outlook send receive problem, it’s now necessary to fix the faulty PST file. You can use the integrated inbox repair tool to fix the corrupt PST file.
Nevertheless, there are drawbacks to manually fixing the PST file with ScanPST.exe. The risk of losing your Outlook data is great because the inbox restoration tool operates directly on the original PST file. Therefore, in order to fix Outlook sent to receive problem, it is advised that you use a reliable tool such as Remo PST repair software, which can correct your corrupt PST file. Also check How To Fix Something Went Wrong Outlook Error
Your best option for fixing faulty or damaged PST files is Remo Repair PST. The program prioritizes the security of the file by using strong PST file enhancing algorithms that operate on a copy of the original PST file. Even for a beginner user, the software’s user-friendly interface makes the repair process a breeze.
Benefits of using Remo repair PST
- Guarantees quick PST file restoration with all Outlook objects remaining intact.
- Designed to easily fix compressed or password-protected PST files.
- Specifically designed to repair Outlook error codes 0x80040610, 0x800ccc0e, 0x80040600, and other CRC issues in PST files.
- Enables an Outlook-style browser preview of fixed Outlook data.
- Compatibility for Microsoft Outlook 2003, 2007, 2010, 2013, 2016, and all versions
- Accessible on all Windows operating system versions.
Using the above described ways, it is easy to fix the Outlook sends receives problem. PST corruption is not a frequent cause of the Outlook issue 0x80040610. Remo Repair PST is advised, nevertheless, if the problem cannot be resolved manually. If you were able to resolve the Outlook send to receive error, please let us know in the comments section below.